San Disk Sansa Clip

22 Comments

Looking something like the 2nd generation Apple iPod Shuffle, the San Disk Sansa Clip has a lot more features to offer for a lower price. First of all it has a neon display screen that helps us navigate easily in no or low light areas. It sorts tracks according to the album, artist, genre etc., thus making it easy to find a song. It has simple and user-friendly controls and a Home button which takes us back to the player's default screen at any point. It can fast-forward and rewind a song. The on/off slider is pretty cool too. It is available in 1GB and 2GB versions and also comes in three colors. It has an FM player and a voice recorder. The sound quality is amazing and the battery life is pretty good. The only system requirement is Windows Media Player 10.0 and above. This makes it easy to sync the player with the default windows media player and we don't have to install additional software. Support and latest Firmware are available at sandisk.com. The player comes with a simple and small USB 2.0 cord and charges via the computer. The player can be used with any other ear-buds other than the sansa-buds we get with it. You can clip the player just like the iPod shuffle or you can also remove it easily. Pretty customizable for its size, I must say. Over-all design is quite rich, not to forget user-friendly, and looks cool. I prefer the black color which looks very classy. I've been using it for over a year now and never had any complaints even after dropping it on the floor many times. I used it for recording at my workplace and it was always my work-pals' envy. Know more about what the tech gurus have to say about it here.


You may also like

22 comments:

kittymatti said...

oooh! This sounds cool!

Ramesh said...

Yes, I've seen reviews of this and it appears to beat the ipod shuffle in every comparison. Interesting, you say that its recording is good - the reviews I read said that it was bad ! I looked to buy it here, but couldn't find one ! - this is after all the land of the $15 nobrand mp3.

rads said...

Thanks Preeti :)
Yes Ramesh, this really beats the iPod SHuffle and about recording, its definitely not MP4 quality but we are not paying for MP4 right, it is just a simple small MP3 player and for its range it does pretty good recording.

Vyazz said...

I havent heard of this brand here in Petersburg!!...I personally own a sony walkman nwz-726 walkman player, which has excellent sound!!!..Bought it right after I lost my walkman phone!!....
Another brand of note is Iriver.

rads said...

Yea Vyazz its not quite famous in India too...but it is a known brand in US...I heard about the Sony Walkman series, pretty cool, customizable and I love their ear-buds, but a wee bit pricey like all Sony products...n yes Iriver comes up with real good stuff but I never came across any of their players with my friends so dunno much about them.

A journey called Life said...

rads: nice click and nice write up

rads said...

Thanks Aparna :)

Adesh Sidhu said...

I am all Apple fan and no amount of better features/price in any MP3 player can lure me away from iPod.

BTW nice review, can recommend to my friends if they are hell bent on not buying iPod.

Sathana said...

seems cool,they way u have written tempts to buy n try it:)

rads said...

Yea Adesh, I know that you're an Apple fan and I was expecting this from you. But I always feel Apple products are over-rated, no offense. Do recommend it if anybody needs one.

rads said...

Thanks Sathana, you can go ahead and get one without thinking twice, if you don't have a player already.

Kadambari said...

Hey Rads, I was contemplating between this one and Philips Mp3 player. Then finally bought the latter. Mine is an adorable shuffle sized red colored player. 2 gb. I somehow never liked Apple. Flashy, complicated and expensive. This stuff is really good! :)

rads said...

Yea Kaddu, Philips is a good option too, many of my colleagues were using it, its simple, smooth, good sound quality, nice battery life, can play fm, and record too. Its a cute little thing.

Sathana said...

umm i wish if dad gives money...lol

Vinay said...

I too have this one. I liked it very much. The only problem is, the battery charging is too slow. Sony's mp3 players charge batteries way faster than the Sansa player

rads said...

Hmm strange, I never found any problem with charging but the charge is drained fast though, since I've not used Sony, I cannot compare. Thanks for the info Vinay.

Vinay said...

And yes, you need not rely on Windows Media Player 10 to do the trick for you. You can change some settings in the player so that the PC detects it as a removable flash drive. Then just drag and drop your songs into it.

Another problem is that the amplifier of this player is not very good. Here again, Sony scores. I've had a Sony mp3 player. In a moving bus on Mumbai streets, a volume of 50% of full range used to be sufficient. But with Sansa, it has to be around 70%.

And yes, the pic of the player is too good.

rads said...

Yea I tried this too and though I could open the drive in my player, I was not able to play the songs I loaded. And about the amplifier, yea it does get a little noisy but we get what we pay for right? and Sony is three times its cost, so they better be good. Thanks Vinay :)

foreigndesi said...

I have a Sansa MP3 player & recorder that I got for $40 canadian! It has outlived many of my friends Ipod's, and the sound quality on the recordings is GREAT! I have been using it for 3 years of music class/ lecture/ dance class recordings.

I find loading songs on it REALLY easy. I haven't had any problems with the battery yet either.

rads said...

@foreigndesi: True, sounds like the Sansa player after all, I had a similar experience with it.

silentlyexpress said...

ahan nice, how much time it takes to charge it from dead to full, and cost?

rads said...

@silentlyexpress: It takes 4 hours for the first time charge and when I bought it, it was $40.