I wanted to be...

30 Comments
Kokonad has tagged all his readers with quite an interesting and unusual tag. According to his post, we have to come up with a list of persons that we've wanted to become or professions we wanted to take up at one or another point of time, as we grew up. So here goes my list.

I wanted to be:
1) My mom coz she didn't have to go to school and watched TV whenever she wanted to.
2) My bro coz he always topped his class and never got spanked by my parents (ofcourse I got coz I was the naughty kid) and also he didn't have to learn cooking or participate in any of the dirty house chores (I mostly skipped them).
3) A genie as in "I Dream of Jeannie", a TV Show.
4) An air-hostess coz they look chic and always travelled in planes for free.
5) A teacher coz they were the rulers back in school and college.
6) Our school watchman coz he was so jobless, had no exams and always slept under a tree in front of our school; I felt he was so free from all hassles.
7) A beautician, and I even experimented on my younger cousins, ofcourse they looked like gypsies but I thought that it was trendy.
8) A singer coz I had a nickname called "nightingale" among my friends and I thought I sang well.
9) An actress coz they're so famous and always wear designer dresses, make-up, and high heeled footwear :D
10) An author coz I loved writing.
11) Miss india coz they were known for both beauty and brains, which is a rare combination.
12) A ramp-walking model coz they were stick thin and took the pleasure of wearing zero size.
13) An indipop star like Raageshwari, Sunita Rao, and Suchitra Krishnamoorthy.
14) A scientist, to invent time-machine so that I can go back in time and correct all the mistakes I made (At the time I was naive enough to think it was more than a fantasy).
15) Our college topper, who was so good at everything and was always appreciated by everybody.
16) My aunt coz she got married to a rich business magnate and goes shopping in her very own car.
17) A medical transcriptionist coz my cousin was earning easy bucks by being one.
18) A non-voice tech support person coz all they did was sit and reply to emails and that too in a big fancy corporate world.
19) A HR Admin coz their job was so easy and all they had to do was sit and search on naukri, monster for prospective candidates and notify them.
20) A web-designer coz its so cool and a very creative/challenging job.

I think this is a wonderful tag, it made me relive all those silly and girly moments, and I had a good laugh while writing about them. So why don't you guys also take it up and post it on your blog? Its fun.

PS: This is my 50th post, never thought I'll be writing about myself on the 50th post, a coincidence? maybe, but I've enjoyed posting it. Thanks to all my readers for putting up with me. I enjoyed crossing this small milestone.


You may also like

30 comments:

thethoughtfultrain said...

Congratulations on the 50th post Rads!! Wishing you many many more happy hours of blogging!! I am still going through the contents of your blog. :-)

I almost nearly did a post in your comment space about my childhood ambitions! I guess I ll consider myself tagged and do it in my own space. :-D

kittymatti said...

wow!!! So cute..The best was Watchman!!! Haha..

Congrats on yr 50th post!

rads said...

@thethoughtfultrain: Yea its beter to post post it on your blog rather than as a comment...Thanks :)

rads said...

@kittymatti: Thanks Preethi :D

Vinay said...

I agree with you about the HR guys. All they do is mess up everything that is pro-employee.

Indi-pop star like Sunita Rao?? There could have been better choices!

My aunt coz she got married to a rich business magnate and goes shopping in her very own car.
So, how is it now for you?

Jairam said...

Lovely post, and taken up the tag. I wanted to be all of these - http://mahabore.wordpress.com/2009/07/02/i-wanted-to-be/

rads said...

@Vinay: Yea there could have been better choices but back then I dunno why I liked her songs a lot...And about my married life, nope I don't get to go in my own car :( atleast not yet...

rads said...

@Jairam: Glad to see you've taken up the tag. Will read your post soon.

ajcl said...

rads.. congrats on ur 50th post.. wish you get to hit the multiples soon.

preposterous girl said...

Hhahaha.. Nice reading about u on ur 50th post.. congratulations :)
lol @ "My aunt coz she got married to a rich business magnate and goes shopping in her very own car."
I'll also take this one up..

le embrouille blogueur said...

Wow .... 20 of them ... and I bet if you dug some more you would get a couple ... I adore the "watchman" .....lol @ the aunt bit ...about being a writer ..you are already one ... and a great one at that ....Congratulations on the glorious 50 ...keep 'em coming !!!

rads said...

@ajcl: Thanks Aparna :)

rads said...

@preposterous girl: Thanks Shweat..would love to read your part of dreams...

rads said...

@le embrouille blogueur: Yea maybe, but I couldn't recollect anymore, bad memory I guess...Thanks :)

rads said...

From Ramesh via email: Loved reading the various people you had liked to become. Many of us have had similar thoughts. I certainly didn't want to be my mom though - boys are like that !!

Congrats Rads on your 50th post. You are a nice blogger, write very informative stuff, make very perceptive comments and its such a pleasure to have you as a blogger friend.

rads said...

@Ramesh: Thanks Ramesh :) I'm glad to have friends like you too. Thanks a lot for your effort taken in commenting on my blog. Just hope this continues.

Vyazz said...

Nice tag...on my side....I always wanted to be a singer, an artist or a billionaire!!!....hehe life has a funny way of turning out!!

rads said...

@Vyazz: lol yea it sure did turn out to be funny on your side...

Mythri N said...

That's one amusing nostalgic tag going around :-)
My vote for the best job..watchman!

Btw..congrats on the 50th post!

Mrunalini said...

Congratulations on your 50 posts :) nice one...

rads said...

@Mythri N: Thanks Mythri :) it was quite a nostalgic one...

rads said...

@Mrunalini: Thanks Mrunalini :)

rads said...

Adesh via email: Congratulations on your 50th post. I am sure lot many interesting posts will follow.

Somehow I missed your this post and today while going through Google Reader, I discovered this gem of yours. Then I tried posting a comment but it was not working, so decided to write you a mail.

Enjoying such small milestones will give lot of happiness and sense of achievements. As always, will eagerly wait for your future posts.

rads said...

@Adesh: Thanks Adesh. It was very kind of you to send me an email...I'm blessed to have such dedicated readers like you.

Mathanki said...

this is so cute.. my fav is no 6- the school watchman. I wished i was him too...soo many times:)

rads said...

@Mathanki: Thanks :) Welcome to my blog.

Kokonad said...

Nice list, Rads! :) Thanks for taking the tag up too!
I am unable to comment on your awards waala post (the comment form is acting weird)... thank you so much for that award! I feel honored. :)

rads said...

@Kokonad: No probs. It was my pleasure. I enjoyed taking up the tag.

ani_aset said...

hey nice one..may be you should add at the start what you are doing now :D

rads said...

@ani_aset: I thought I already did that in one of my previous posts...if you have checked them.