Canon A1100 IS - Loving It!

4 Comments
I have this camera for almost a year now and I think its the best time to blog about it. My previous point and shoot was a simple 5MP Samsung Digimax and mostly what I shot with it was nature crap. I do like that camera a lot and have used it for 2 years, but I wanted to upgrade to something better, and something more flexible in features like ISO, so that I can experiment with low-light and macro shots. I did not want anything costly coz I was just buying the camera to experiment and improve my knowledge on photography. So I started browsing and found out that the Canon A1100 IS is a latest 12MP model with 4x optical zoom and comes for a very low price. It also has a viewfinder, flash, and several auto modes. Its view screen is pretty good, in fact better than my Samsung camera, and its also smaller than the Samsung camera. It runs on AA batteries and that's one big reason I chose this camera, coz when I get back to India, I didn't want to worry about finding a convertor for it. I know that all digital cameras come with a powering option for dual voltages but I just thought this was easier. I have been using it extensively so far and have to say that the battery life is pretty good and it takes excellent shots for a camera this size and for such a low price. Also being the holiday season I got it for under $100 which was a bargain. According to a consumer report magazine in 2010, this camera is one of the best budget cameras that performs in par with dslr cameras and now I agree with them too. You can find my shots on my flickr photostream, linked to the right.


You may also like

4 comments:

Ramesh said...

Nice photos. But then you would have probably clicked as nice photos irrespective of the Canon you are holding - isn't it ??

Amrit said...

May be picture from the camera is good.......

Seems like you can do what you like with it...so it works. 100$ is a good bargain

rads said...

@Ramesh: Thanks but camera does make a lot of difference and yes the creativity and imagination involved has nothing to do with it but it just makes our expression easier when it has more flexibility and features to aid us.

rads said...

@Amrit: Yes it did offer me what I wanted at that point of time, especially coz at that time I was experimenting with food photography and I just fell in love with this camera. The gr8 bargain was a plus.