Back it up with Transcend StoreJet

14 Comments
I'm a great fan of Transcend products and this is my 3rd device from them. I have already written about a Western Digital storage device which is very famous when it comes to external storage devices but had some complaints and decided not to go for it again. The WD device that I used was a bulky book sized one, which required an external power cord to support it along with a USB connecting cord. Now that was a little too much bulk for me to handle and moreover the device was very very delicate. One mistake, where you either drop it on the floor (coz the surface is very slippery) or do not remove it safely after transferring files to it, you're done with it, like forever, it either corrupts all your files or totally stops working. Also, the transfer rate was way too slow once it reached a 50GB limit. The device really got to my nerves over the years. But you can't really blame WD coz it comes with all the warnings and at an affordable price compared to its passport sized drives.

Transcend StoreJet on the other hand is a pocket sized external storage device which weighs lighter, has a hard rubbery covering on it, and powers/charges with two USB connecting cords. Just plug-n-play and drag-n-drop. Yes, its that simple and no hassle. Also the transfer rate is much much better than the bulky WD MyBook Essential. It easily fits in my handbag or jean pocket, so its very portable. It doesn't need a permanent place around the computer. I had it for only a few months now and so far its been good. Who knows, maybe it will throw up problems too after a few more months but till them I'm enjoying working with it. Bought it online at amazon.com. Know more about the good and bad of this product from the experts at cnet. Have you bought/used any good storage devices lately? Let me know how they have worked for you.


You may also like

14 comments:

A said...

You write good reviews. But not looking for Backup USB Drive.

I have Western Digital Device, Media Extender and I can never make it work...so it is waste of space..it is supposed to connect to PC and it should be able to stream movies and audio and see pictures....but picture viewing is so slow...streaming does not really work

Any ideas...

rads said...

@A: Thanks :) I speak the truth...

Are you talking about the Western Digital WD TV Live? I've heard about it and I think to stream videos and play movies, the computer you use should atleast have a quad-processor and the best RAM available...also try downgrading to Windows XP if you're computer has Windows Vista/7, you'll be surprised how fast the pc suddenly becomes...maybe it has compatibility issues with the software on you're system...you might also wanna check if they have some latest firmware that could fix any issues...that is all i can say coz i've never used the device...hope it helps...

Ramesh said...

Have been using Chinese storage devices that I bought when I lived here. They seem to be pretty good and incredibly cheap. That works for me allright.

kittymatti said...

Hi rads, this one looks cool :)
Back to the blogsphere after a huge break:)

pramod lohia said...

great informative. well said.

rads said...

@Ramesh: I'm sure the Chinese devices must be good coz all the devices sold by US companies are anyways made-in-china :D

rads said...

@kittymatti: Thanks and welcome back :)

rads said...

@pramod lohia: Thanks :)

Rekha said...

Very informative!!

rads said...

@Rekha: Thanks :)

mythri n said...

Searching to buy one..this really helps. Thanks rads!

rads said...

@mythri n: I'm glad I could be of help :)

A said...

@Rads,

I tried on Windows XP also. It is the same story. My computers are high end ones...I know it is compatibility issue but cannot seem to fix it. Will try again.

rads said...

@A: Have you tried contacting customer care or some support forums online? I'm sure there must be a way..keep trying..there's no use letting it go to waste after spending so much on it...all the best!