Loves Me; Loves Me Not

18 Comments
Every girl should have a boy that tells her how "Beautiful" she is no matter how much "flaws" she has - Anonymous

So true isn't it? I read a book recently which is somewhat in the same lines of how a girl should be treated by a guy. The book "He's Not Just That Into You - The No Excuses Truth To Understanding Guys" by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo discusses about various scenarios which gals face while dating guys who are just not into them. It apparently started as a normal discussion at work between Greg and his colleagues, and then some emails were exchanged (lots of gals asking for advice), online polls were conducted (to test if guys reacted just as Greg suggested they would) and it finally became a book. You can watch it in Greg's own words here (embedding disabled).

We'll be given a lot of real time situations faced by girls (in their own words) and how Greg as an experienced guy who had dumped many girls, reads into the signs and tells them that the guy they've been dating is just not into them. The book can be looked upon as a dating/relationship advice from a guy to a girl. All the chapters until the 11th were pretty obvious and just known facts to many girls but the book picks up speed from then on and becomes really interesting. Greg being a comedian maintained his comic streak all the while in the book. He came up with some really funny names for these pathetic gals who badly needed dating/relationship advice. The book's a good read for any woman who's in a dilemma and cannot figure out if a guy really likes her or not or if she's being treated like a doormat. What's even better is that we get a woman's point of view too coz its co-authored by Liz who threw every possible challenge against Greg to prove him wrong but in the end couldn't win coz who better understands a guy than another guy. The whole point is that every girl is precious and needs to be loved and treated well by her boyfriend/husband and the guy would do so if he's really into her, atleast that's what Greg says. Many of the topics discussed are controversial and totally arguable coz relationships are just not that easy. But gals, if you want to feel good about yourself read this book instead of succumbing to comfort eating, it might help you.

If a guy really loves a girl he would move mountains to keep her happy and this guy proves that.



So now don't you think that Greg was correct after all?

But I guess guys have this problem too (she loves me; she loves me not) and maybe Greg and Liz should consider writing another book "She's Just Not That Into You - The No Excuses Truth To Understanding Gals", after all gals are not the only one's who are vulnerable enough to having relationship problems.


You may also like

18 comments:

A said...

Interesting read but I am beyond it now....

rads said...

@A: This book is definitely not for those who have a happy love-life/married-life :)

likemymusings said...

Rads, superb niche in putting things. this type of devotion happens once in a blue moon and waiting for such a man will only lead gals to be waiting for life time i think.

rads said...

@likemymusings: Thanks Pramod :) You have a point there but that doesn't mean that gals have to be treated like trash/booty call...a decent guy who respects you n is there for you in ur crisis is all a gal wants n that's not too much to ask...n i think every guy is capable of doing so much...

Ramesh said...

Mmmmmm. Methinks "She's just not that into you" is equally valid these days ....

rads said...

@Ramesh: Yep I totally agree, I know a lot of guys who're treated like trash...every human being deserves being loved and cared for.

likemymusings said...

Rads you are right. it can never be over doing of devotion. mutual respect etc.are must.
sometimes someone does unbelievale
act. those can be adored only and can not expect such benevolence in everyone.

rads said...

@likemymusings: Yea Pramod, the guy in the video, like i said, did move mountains and sacrificed his life to be with the girl, but girls do not expect guys to go to such extreme lengths and if you ask me so much attention is not necessary either...but there r some rules to being in a relation like honesty, dedication, and a mutual liking...these atleast have to be followed...

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

I like your blog and style of writing :-) Hope to see you at My Dream Canvas

rads said...

@Anu: Thanks :) Welcome to my blog...You have a gr8 blog too...just done visiting :)

Salute said...

AN icon, an example and what to say...
i have no words to appreciate that person.
lot to learn from him

rads said...

@Dee: LOL that's a nice thought...but I guess lot of the things he said are already known..even so I'd definitely recommend reading the book..its hilarious and very very honest.

Vetrimagal said...

Though I am well past that phase, I was interested, as the girls in the family were discussing the book and enjoying it.

I liked your advice, instead of comfort eating..

:-)

A good review.

rads said...

@Vetrimagal: Thanks :) I've been past that time too when I reviewed this book but I guess everybody who enjoys comedy and psychoanalogy kind of books can read it. I'm glad you like it. Welcome to my blog :)

CYNOSURE said...

I have come across this earlier...hats off to the man... :)

rads said...

@Cynosure: Hmm I dunno if I'd do a hats off but he definitely analyzed well. Welcome to my blog :)

Raj said...

Nicely written and you brought the subject pretty well. Yeah.. that is an interesting book. I haven't read it but I have heard about it.

And yeah.. the person in the video is really amazing. That was such a touching story and really brought tears to my eyes.

rads said...

@Raj: True that guy is indeed amazing...I've read in books or maybe seen in movies so far but have never seen such dedicated true love in real life. And the book is really good.