Free Painting Software

9 Comments
Digital Painting has always been amazing and full of surprises to me no matter how much everybody else around me seem to think its fake and a cheat. If you think so too, let me tell you that digital painting is equally creative and requires as much effort as the traditional manual painting. If you like painting on your mouse pad as much as I do then you might wanna try these out:

ArtRage 2: Its a starter edition but has a very good tracing feature to render your images into paintings. You can also paint on different canvases with some limited brushes.

Deep Paint: It was once a very costly software now turned to freeware. I absolutely love its cloning brushes.

MyPaint
: It has a very good collection of some amazing brushes which I totally love and haven't stopped experimenting with yet.

Project Dogwaffle: I know the name sounds silly but the program is really good. It takes a little time to figuring it out but there aren't very many options so it can't be that hard.

Twisted Brush Open Studio: Its a free edition of Pixarra's original software with the same name. It kind of looks like a clone of Corel Painter and has a lot of features. Can be a little tricky to use but worth the effort.

Alchemy: The software is as wierd and unconventional as the name. But its very simple and has really unique brushes. Good for abstract art and y'all know how crazy I am about that one.

Just go through the galleries in each of the websites to look at the amazing work done by painters using these software. You may not be able to create any so perfect but at the very least you can end up with an amazing abstract ;)


You may also like

9 comments:

Ramesh said...

As always, yours is the most useful blog around. Thanks for the info, none of which I knew.

sammythewizzy said...

'You may not be able to create any so perfect but at the very least you can end up with an amazing abstract' .... lol.. so true.. Artists do have it good.. Draw random stuff and calling it abstract or modern art!! Too bad I'm an engineer.. ;)

sammythewizzy said...

Just in case the earlier comment is taken in the wrong way.. Let me clarify that I've got loads of respect for artists.. #justsaying..

rads said...

@Ramesh: Thanks and your welcome :)

rads said...

@sammythewizzy: I'm an engineer too but strangely I love abstract art...I'm kinda tired of all the old flower vases/fruit bowls/landscapes kinda classical art...so its refreshing to see/do something new and let your imagination run wild...but not everybody appreciates abstracts, including my husband, its not very appealing to everyone...i understand if you're one of them...

mythri n said...

Love your work and wanted to ask you for the software details..thx for the info! You shd also inculde your awesome paintings in this post :)

A said...

No new tips for a long time......what is up?

rads said...

@mythri n: no probs :) will update the post with my artwork...

rads said...

@A: Was away for a few months...am back now...will update as soon as possible...thanks for the concern :)