Lenovo G450 - My Baby

0 Comments
Its strange that I have been using this laptop for a year and a half now and haven't thought of reviewing it yet. Also I think that it deserves a mention in my blog coz of its awesomeness so today I decided to write about it. The Lenovo G450 was launched in 2009 and as soon as I saw it on sale, I knew I had to get it. I've been a great fan of the IBM Thinkpads and now since Lenovo is continuing them I knew that the look would be even better and I am not wrong. It has the dexterity and awesome technical features that the IBM Thinkpads had, combined with the sleek and glossy finish.

The laptop came loaded with the latest Windows 7 Home Premium and some other useful software like Adobe Reader, Lenovo VeriFace, Lenovo OneKey Recovery (I think its the best), Easy Capture, and CyberLink Power2Go CD/DVD writing software. Also there are trial versions of Norton Internet Security and the latest MS Office Suite 2007. It runs a Pentium Dual Core Processor at 2.10 GHz. The RAM (memory) is 4 GB which is essential for the 64-bit operating system. Wireless LAN is supported and its compliant with IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g. It has a 0.3 mp camera integrated and using the Easy Capture software you can take still photos too. The hard drive is a whooping 320 GB. There are 3 USB2.0 ports, 2 on the left and 1 on the right. There's a CD/DVD r/w drive that makes crisp and fast CDs and DVDs. The stereo speakers are awesome for entertainment. The microphone is comfortably placed next to the mousepad and is great for voice chat. There are also output jacks for accessories like speakers and headphones. A dedicated switch for wi-fi makes it easy to connect/disconnect to wi-fi whenever required. There's also a dedicated strip above the keypad for touch-based volume controls, laptop on/off button, and the one touch recovery button for formatting the laptop. The display is an amazing 14 in. TFT which was lacking in my previous Sony Vaio laptop so I'm loving this. Also it doesn't come loaded with unnecessary trial versions of useless software like the Sony Vaio did. Because of this, formatting the laptop and restoring it to the factory original version is easier and can be done in 10 mins.

It lacks bluetooth interface and a memory card reader slot but who can complain when you're getting a laptop under $500. The laptop also weighs about 4-5 lbs and I think it is a little heavy compared to its competitors but I have no issue with that coz I will not be carrying it everywhere with me. It only comes in grey color unless you buy it with an extra skin of your choice, not free. All-in-all I have fallen in love with this laptop and would definitely recommend it to a friend.


You may also like

No comments: