12 wants for 2012

8 Comments
2012 - the year most of us thought "this is it, it's over". But the mayan calenders and other such ancient predictions were proved wrong and here we are. Yay! to us all who get to live after 2012 inspite of all the negativity. So I've been seeing a lot of wishlisting going on around in the blogosphere and I thought it's a nice idea to do one. Without any delay, my wishlist for 2012 is:





1---> A graphic tablet, so I can draw more and indulge myself in my new found love - digital painting. I thought that this graphic tablet would help me draw / paint better. Its not that I don't like painting with my mouse but it gets difficult at certain levels. And before anybody hates me for liking digital painting, I do love traditional painting too but I just wanted to try something new.

2---> A high-end android smartphone not only because everyone around seems to own one but also because I want to be in touch with friends and family more even if it's just through apps. I'm currently eyeing Samsung android phones but I wish Nokia would come up with something good too.

3---> A kindle so that I can read more when I'm travelling, cooking, sitting, eating, and basically anywhere and everywhere. Before anyone throws a rock at me, I love paperbacks too but it's just that my life is so nomadic and I can't carry a huge library with me wherever I go.

4---> I've been thinking since a very long time - ever since I moved to US where everything tastes like plastic and looks fake - that I should really try more natural, made at home, and organically grown stuff for food and products used on skin. The more I live in the US the more I crave for a natural way of life.

5---> Travel more and explore places. The US is another reason for this. People are more active here than back in my country. They go to gym, they are more active, out and about taking vacations and they travel a lot. Living here has inspired me to be more active and explore the world while I'm still young and capable.

6---> And of course if I want to travel more I have to save more. I'm really not a backpacking kind of a gal and I need a well planned travel itinerary before I get myself up and hopping onto a flight. And in order to do that I will have to figure out ways to save more. Trust me people, travelling is worth every penny / paisa.

7---> Try more flashy clothing like colored jeans. So far, I've been the queen of boring dresses and my friends even nicknamed me as "grandma". Also I'm just tired of the regular denim blue jeans.

8---> I cannot believe I'm saying this but I really have to learn to eat more healthy. I think I have reached that age in my life where I just don't enjoy eating junk food anymore but like coming up with healthy recipes.

9---> I love writing which is one of the reasons why I have this blog. But I'm also lazy and do not blog very often which you might already know if you follow my blog. But writing is a creative hobby and requires a lot of motivation. So I'm trying to figure out ways to get inspired so I can blog more.

10---> I've learnt this the hard way but there's a reason why some things cost more and some don't. I'm tired of buying more stuff that doesn't last or hold true to its promise just because it costs me less money. Instead spending on a quality product will actually save me more in the long run.

11---> A DSLR camera, which I've been craving for ages now, but delayed it because I want to get better at photography before I buy one. Now since I've been using point and shoots for 3 years, I think its high time I started using a real camera.

12---> I have a bucket list with things I want to learn and do before I die. Things that are scary and different from what I'm used to in my sensible life. Things I've dreamed of accomplishing but never did. I have to somehow come up with time and patience to check off these things from my bucket list.

What's on your wishlist for this year, if you're into tagging, consider yourself tagged, let me know when you've blogged. If not, then just let me know in the comments below. Would love to see your list.


You may also like

8 comments:

Chicky a.k.a. Kaddu said...

Interesting! Considered myself tagged. Will come up with my own list of 12 shortly.

And yeah, your blog does look a bit cluttered, though it loads pretty fast. I think mine is so slow because of the lighthouse image in the header. It's always the last one to show up. And the FB fanpage widget... the latter often doesn't show up at all!

Ramesh said...

Does Mr R read this blog ?? He might have a view on this wishlist :):)

Alas, no cravings for me :(

rads said...

@Kaddu: Glad you'll be doing the tag..wud love to read ur list...and yes my blog like i said is cluttered i guess becoz of all the widgets i have...should try to remove some of those...and also i think having one post a page helps, especially coz i have so many images in some posts...

rads said...

@Ramesh: Ofcourse he does, and he knows all my cravings, and I know he's got some such cravings too, we both try to save up in order to make atleast some of them come true...in these economic conditions its hard to make all of them come true and we both know that.. but hey a person has a right to dream...

kittymatti said...

This is interesting! wish I could get them too :) :) need most of them! (except the gadgets maybe...)

rads said...

@Preeti: Yep it is a pretty basic list other than the gadgets and most of them are what any gal wants...i think you shud do it too...

mythri n said...

Cool image list.are we connected in materialistic world by any chance? These are always on my wish list too..except maybe item1.
Hair straighteners are awesome-When I used them regularly-my arms were more toned, hair more split-ended, spent the most on hair products and woke 30mins early :(
Hope you get most of them of them asap!

rads said...

@Mythri: hehehe I guess these things are on every gals list...glad to see ur on the same lines as me...I've never used flat irons but I did get it done in salons and never liked it very much, they always seemed to burn my scalp...and ur experience sounds tedious...but i don't need serious straightening, just to ease the frizz, i use gels but they don't wk very well so thought i'd try this out...n yes hair care needs lots of time n effort...