One for the Maestro

10 Comments
Just feeling like Ilaiyaraaja today. Actually, I always feel like listening to Ilaiyaraaja, he's such kind of an artist and his music is melodiously timeless. His music is so soothing to the senses and can lift up your dull mood any day. I love all his songs, sad that he couldn't compose for more Telugu films like he does in Tamil. Currently listening to these:

Maate Mantramu - Seethakoka Chilaka (1981): This song was one of the opening credits song on our wedding DVD.


Naada Vinodamu - Saagara Sangamam (1983):


Ku Ku Ku - Sitaara (1983):


Keeravaani - Anveshana (1985):


Karigi Poyanu - Marana Mrudangam (1987):


Tharali Raada - Rudraveena (1987):


Manchu Kurise Velalo - Abhinandana (1988):


Om Namaha - Geethanjali (1989):


Priyathama - Jagadeka Veerudu Athiloka Sundari (1990):


Raasaleela Vela - Aditya 369 (1991):


I could go on with this list but I guess I'll stop here.

My parents say that I've seen the the last three films in theater, though I don't remember any and I'm sure I never understood them either. But as I grew up, I got to see them again on TV thankfully and loved them all especially coz of the music. Movies that came in Ilaiyaraaja and Mani Ratnam combination were the best of all in those days and were no doubt the talk of the town. There were some great hits in the Vamsi and Ilaiyaraaja combinations too, most of them were comedies with actor Rajendra Prasad (like, Chettu Kinda pleader, and April 1 Vidudala). Listening to these songs also makes me nostalgic, takes me back to those days of innocence when I didn't have a care in the world, didn't understand so many things, and didn't have so many responsibilities or worries. I guess the times associated with these songs are what makes them so appealing too. I often associate music with an emotion/feeling that I had when I first really listened to them, and these songs give me a very nice, warm and gooey feeling, which I love, and that makes me wanna listen to them again and again. Thanks to the Maestro for composing such awesome music in those days. I wish he could do it more often for Telugu films.

Do you often listen to Ilaiyaraaja too, what are your favorites, I think if you understand Telugu you'll agree to my selection.


You may also like

10 comments:

Ramesh said...

Haven't listened to his Telugu songs, but his Tamil songs heralded a revival in Tamil film music when it was stuck in a time warp. He's a maestro indeed.

Vimala said...

hey radhi!!!

will definitely agree wid you regdn illayaraja & mani rathnam combo. Illayaraja stands to be one of my fav composers, and he is incomparable not only as a musician as a human being too.......
thnks for the songs......:)

rads said...

@Ramesh: Hmm You guys must be lucky to have him do so many films, sadly I don't understand Tamil, I wish I could just to listen to his music.

rads said...

@Vimala: Hey Vimi, Welcome to my blog...So glad you liked them, I guess us kids born in the 80s will definitely agree to my post, yay to the maestro!!!

mythri n said...

Totally nostalgic after listening to the list!
My fav are Saagara sangamma, Geethangali, Mouna raagam and couple of movie scores from kannada movies as well.

rads said...

@Mythri: I never got to hear the Kannada tracks but I guess they're awesome too...glad u agree with me...i love mouna raagam songs too...

Stylish By Nature said...

Thanx for your lovely comment

Thanx for following...Following back :)...Would be glad if we can connect at my Facebook page too

My Facebook Page

rads said...

@Stylish By Nature: Your welcome :) and Thanks for following me back...just liked your Facebook page too...you have a gr8 blog, keep going...cheers!

RaindropsofSapphire said...

Great choices! Hopefully you can stop by my blog sometime too!

www.raindropsofsapphire.com

rads said...

@Lorna: Thanks :) Welcome to my blog, I've seen your blog around, you have a great fashion blog...will drop by it often to check out the latest in fashion, thanks for letting me know..cheers!