Sears is Selling Sarees

12 Comments
So, I heard last week that Sears (which was planning on closing down a lot of its stores) has started selling Sarees. I guess its high time that US based stores realize they have to cater to the needs of people who're not always wearing pants and skirts, considering it is a global market here. Though I was excited about it, I was very curious and didn't really know what to expect from US designers but then I thought the clothes are probably manufactured elsewhere (India, in this case) and imported like everything else and yesterday I checked their online store to see the designs and prices, and I must say they are quite impressive. The saree prices range from $50 to $200 and most of them are really good for such low prices. I'm not sure if we still get sarees in India for those prices. The collection seems pretty good too. Here are some of them that I really liked, from their website at sears.com.











All the Georgette sarees are under $50 and they are gorgeous. Sarees with lots of non-printed work on them range from $120 to $220. We have a lot of Indian stores here in Chicago which sell poor quality sarees for unreasonably higher prices and Sears does seem like a better option compared to them. I know some Indian friends who're really excited about trying them out, so what do you gals think, are they worth it or is it better to leave the saree shopping to when we get back to India?


You may also like

12 comments:

Suman said...

nice

Ramesh said...

Does anybody outside India wear sarees anymore, other than for a wedding ???

rads said...

@Suman: Thanks for dropping my blog :)

rads said...

@Ramesh: Yes they do, and on a regular basis that too (and that includes the snowy Chicago winters). Some like me wear them on limited occasions like: to a relative's place, temples, Indian parties, festivals, and anniversaries.

Raphael said...

the second and third are gorgeous!

rads said...

@Raphael: Aren't they? I absolutely love the first three.

mythri n said...

OMG..that is great news!And look like price range is def matches or better than prices in india :)

rads said...

@Mythri: It is right? I'm excited too...I think price range matches the price range in India in certain places but definitely not in city malls.

eatpraylovemovies said...

Hello there...good to know you! I came across your profile through my post on Agent Vinod on Indiblogger...

I see you like a lot of things...are films on your list? That is one thing I can discuss endlessly about...

Stay in touch!
Mansi

rads said...

@Mansi: Movies are definitely on my list. In fact I did ramble about a lot of them if you have checked my Categories section. Thanks for commenting and Welcome to my blog.

Rahul Bhatia said...

Wow, Rads! Great that sarees have managed to break into the strong bastion of Sears Roebuck:)

rads said...

@Rahul: LOL I dunno if they were totally against getting sarees into their stores but I think that they're doing it now to up their sales a little bit.